VISION

A trusted full-service conglomerate continuously evolving to provide impetus for economic growth.

 

MISSION

To continuously build, expand and enhance partnerships through dedication, service excellence, reliability and innovation.

To realize new business opportunities in order to create increased value for its shareholders.

To be a value-adding partner in the community through corporate social responsibility endeavors.

 

COMPANY BACKGROUND

Trans World Trading Co., Inc

TRANS WORLD TRADING COMPANY, INC. is among the top corporations in the Philippines and is counted among the leaders in its various areas of business. Its operations cover local and international trading activities, logistics services to manufacturers, as well as market/product development in the agro-chemical sector. Since 1946, it has become a symbol of trust and reliability, efficiently serving the raw materials and machinery requirements of industries like plastics, rubber, agriculture, food, water treatment, packaging and others. It also has investments in solvents and bulk chemicals distribution, computer software, hardware and systems integration, manufacture of zippers, plastic compounding  and printing inks, as well as in non-life insurance and real estate.

Trans World Trading started as a partnership between Messrs. Pablo K. T. Uy and Joseph K. H. Uy on December 10, 1946. The products handled initially were imported consumer items that were critically needed in the post-war reconstruction period.

In 1959, the company began its importation and distribution of synthetic resins from world-renowned petrochemical companies from the USA, Europe and Japan. The product range subsequently expanded to include fine chemicals, agricultural chemicals, water treatment chemicals, plastics processing machinery, and agricultural implements. The year 1972 marked a significant milestone in the company's history when it transferred to its own office building in Legazpi Village, Makati, the country's premier business district. This has since been the base of its business operations. In order to better serve the requirements of its fast growing number of customers, the efficiency of the company's local distribution network was greatly enhanced with the acquisition of a bigger warehouse in 1976. Further growth and expansion of its businesses led Trans World to invest further in a modern warehouse facility in Laguna Technopark that was completed in 2006. The company likewise invested in  chemical laboratory facilities in 2007 to ensure sustained quality monitoring of products being handled.

Now, under the leadership of its Chairman and President, Mr. Bun Chin Hwang, together with its Board of Directors, Management and Staff, the Corporation pledges its continued commitment to excellence in service and total reliability as a business partner to its customers and suppliers, thus fulfilling its vital role as a catalyst for further development and growth of the Philippine economy.